Saturday, November 17, 2012

Malaysia, Here I Come!







Travel is one of my fondest love interest and the most recent travel I had was the trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I was there together with my husband to attend the CCMN Global Summit. Kuala Lumpur has been ringing in my ears so many times in the past and  ola! the opportunity came. I would like to express my  special thanks to my brother and sister in- laws, Nong Nene and  Nang Bebs Rubrico who took time to pay us a visit to the famous Menara Kuala Lumpur Tower and the Petronas Twin Towers. It was early evening when we went there and you could just imagine the grandeur of the tall towers standing gigantically right before your very nose with all the magnificent lightings coming out from all the building floors.

Did you know that the Menara Kuala Lumpur is the fifth tallest telecommunications tower in the world and the tallest in Southeast Asia standing at 421 meters? Not only that. According to their information bureau, the tower shaft alone comprises 22 levels with 4 elevators and flights of stairs with a total of 2,058 steps. Whew! We would be catching our breaths if we take the stairs that's why my husband and I never dared to take the risk.

The top of the tower holds the public observation platform which is 276 meters wherein you can also find  the revolving restaurant, as well as the telecommunication and broadcasting stations. The tower base  houses 3 basement floors for safety purposes, storage and maintenance work. Amidst all these informative facts, there is one place they call the  " ICONIC STRUCTURE ". This part of the tower  hosts the administration office, the souvenir shops and the 146 meters pedestrian mall with cascading pools. Isn't that amazing? Looking way up, it seems you're only 10 cents ride to heaven but when you look downwards, your stomach seems to have lots of butterfies inside. What an unforgettable experience. Wanna have a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment